43F carburetor tuning?

Vergaser, Ansaugstutzen, Luftfilter usw. Tipp !! >> Vergaser/Gemischaufbereitung auf http://www.xt600.de
Steffen
meble kuchenne Ruda Śląska Rybnik Tychy

Re: 43F carburetor tuning?

Beitrag von Steffen »

Hello Jack.

Before you drill holes into your airbox try a short run without air filter (airbox closed) or even without filter and airbox cover.
Maybe the filter is not that good. Some new filters are too tight to support your engine with enough air.

Holes in the airbox are also known to me, "Wunderlich" even sold small filter caps for these holes some years ago. But I dont like this solution. First I would try a K&N air filter which gives a little more air to the engine without spoiling the air box cover.

You also checked the fuel? Does it get enough fuel?

Any possibility to check the generator?

Stef

84_XT600L

Beitrag von 84_XT600L »

Took it for another ride today....seems to be doing alright for high speed after all however now it goes to the higher rev lacking a bit when going beyond 5000rpm today i realised that there's a slight cough so i'm guessing it's not getting enough fuel into the secondary or could it be the incorrect adjustment?

I had the generator check at the shop before assembly and it seems to be in good working order after a thorough check.

I will give the K&N filter a try however just in case. At the moment it has a dual element twin air foam filter in the airbox.
YAMAHA. The way it should be ;)

Steffen

Beitrag von Steffen »

Hi Jack

Before buying an expensive K&N give it a try without air filter or without cover. Maybe thats pointing in the right direction. A test ride without air filter wount damage your engine. You might also analyze the color of your spark plug after a full throttle ride (use kill switch, pull clutch and use brakes for stopping, then check the spark plug.

Not enough fuel: ensure that your fuel shutoff valve clean and working and pointing to "reserve". fill your gas tank a little (2-4 liter will be okay). Leave the fuel filler cap open (!) and make a test ride. Background: maybe there doesnt flow enough air into your gas tank when the gasoline runs to your carbs.

Not enough fuel (2): ensure that the floater in the left carburetor is in the right position. This floater regulates fuel for both carburetors. You have to deinstall the carb and open the float bowl. Then put the carburetor upside down.
1) ensure that both floater arms are parallel
2) shake the floater. If there is fuel inside than the floater is damaged and not working.
3) Now tilt the carburetor this far that the floater slightly touches the needle valve but does not press it down (angle ca. 40°). Measure the hight of the floater to the carburetor case (where the gasket for the float bowl is installed). The distance from the floater to the carburetor case should measure 25-27mm (see here). If it's more than 27mm than the carburetor closes too early and the bike doesnt get enough fuel. less than 25mm should be visible from outside because there will be fuel dripping out of the carburetor. You can adjust the floater hight by slightly bending the metal clip that touches the valve. Then measure again until you reach the correct distance.

By the way: do you have the "Clymer" repair manual?
I apologize if I explain things in detail that you might already know. It's not easy to guess how experienced you are or not.

Best,

Stef

84_XT600L

Beitrag von 84_XT600L »

Hello Stef,

That's all good thanks mate, you're only here trying to help anyway plus gathering other person's opinion is a good thing when comes to these diagnosis :)

Yes i do a have a clymer manual here but i thought i better get some more opinion just in case because i heard a few people that said sometimes the clymer's data may not be accurate on some models.

84_XT600L

Beitrag von 84_XT600L »

Also guys, while this thread is active i'm wondering if you guys would know the proper routing on the front brake cable for these 43F please?

Henner
(verstorben)

Beitrag von Henner »

84_XT600L hat geschrieben:
Sa 4. Jan 2020, 07:07
Also guys, while this thread is active i'm wondering if you guys would know the proper routing on the front brake cable for these 43F please?
Would u pls ask this question in the responsive forum ? Thx.
Grüße, Henner

Admin XT600.de und XT-FOREN.DE

Ex: 3TB 4PTY EZ 98 - 4x 1VJ unterschiedlicher Baujahre - Umgestiegen auf nen V8 mit 5.7L

84_XT600L

Beitrag von 84_XT600L »

Sorry mate, i will do that.

Antworten