XT600 E 1990 3TB - Innerfork question

Räder, Federung, Höher- und Tieferlegung, Übersetzung, Kette, Ritzel
Antworten
michielvdheuvel
meble kuchenne Ruda Śląska Rybnik Tychy

XT600 E 1990 3TB - Innerfork question

Beitrag von michielvdheuvel »

Hello!
I'm new to the website and don't speak german, so forgive me for speaking English.

I have a problem with my fork, as one of the inner tubes seems to be 'sticking' or getting stuck when I put it together. I suspect the culprit is this part from the innertube

Bild

That little ring is somewhat stuck. I can move it only a little. The other fork doesn't have this problem. I suspect there's some dirt or whatnot stuck inside that prevents it from moving normally. I tried cleaning it with WD40 and an old toothbrush, but had no positive results. How can I fix something like this? Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your help

Maybach

Re: XT600 E 1990 3TB - Innerfork question

Beitrag von Maybach »

Hi Michiel,
do not clean with WD40 which is indeed only a slightly modified petroleum! I would suggest some brake cleaner .
But even this won't help in removing the washer. This washer ist secured wih a spring ring. YOu can easily see it on the foto on the right. The opening (there you can move in with a small screwdriver) in on position approximatly 1 o'clock

Maybach

michielvdheuvel

Re: XT600 E 1990 3TB - Innerfork question

Beitrag von michielvdheuvel »

Thank you Maybach.

We've tried to move the spring ring as you suggested. But it did not work. Thank you for your advice though!

Antworten